It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Post subject: War
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:49 am 

The war to get Lafferty recognized as one of the Twentieth Century's greatest writers has begun. Lafferty was a great lover of G.K. Chesterton and fans of Lafferty should read Chesterton. But we must also besiege the American Chesterton Society with letters and e-mails pushing Lafferty. The eminent literary critic Harold Bloom must also be induced to read Lafferty. Lafferty was an even more original writer than Franz Kafka to whom he can be compared. Lovers of Lafferty should take note of that fact. It will be useful. Strategize folks! Think big!

Post subject: War
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 6:14 pm 

Whoa! Excuse me while I catch up with all of you. I'm just today discovering that Laff died. Then I'm hearing this talk of warfare and prayer. It's all rather exciting. I am a Christian and a lover of mad mythopoeia. I applaud the atheist for honesty. Even in real wartime (Sep. 11th, terrorism, Israel, Afghanistan, etc.) we can benefit from a genius like Laffery. We would do well to listen to his Message. Yes, he had one. His many well-asked questions for macroevolutionary thoery and his campaign against the "diabolical point big-0" (nihilism, deconstructionism, "liberalism", etc.) and his ecstatic affirmation of true history and the risen Lord of history. Cf. "Is philology the love of words or words of love? They are the same if we remember that Word that was in the beginning, the Logos." (Paraphrased from Arrive at Easterwine).

I'm with you, friends. Let's make the literary world listen up to its hidden genius!