Continuing the MulleFoundation release with mulle-sprintf
After the completed release of mulle-objc the time has come to release the MulleFoundation. Whereas mulle-objc appears to me to be a well-rounded release, MulleFoundation is still very much a work in progress with lots of gaps and ugliness.
Nevertheless, with what is already present - in terms of basic Foundation code - the MulleFoundation should be extremely competitive with other Foundations already. Or in other words: it should benchmark extremely well.
Why it’s not on mulle-objc yet
- mulle-objc already has 16 repositories and growing. Adding another 10 repositories or so would add to the complexity.
- I think it increases the perception, that mulle-objc can only run with the MulleFoundation. That is not really true, as I think GNUStep or Cocotron could be easily adapted to mulle-objc as well.
- It allows the community to pick whatever they like as a basis for their Foundation. Possibly mixing bits and pieces from other sources. Yet I feel the community hasn’t grown enough to make such decisions already.
- Last but not least, it makes the release process easier and therefore faster.
- mulle-buffer -> Hacker News
- mulle-utf -> Hacker News
- mulle-sprintf -> Hacker News