PDF Creation, Image Shrinking, Hyperlinks
Just some stuff I learned, producing a very very simple flyer in a few hours instead of the few minutes it should have taken:
- Using Omnigraffle 5.2.3 it's apparently not possible to print "http:" actions into the PDF.
- You can use the Colorsync Utility to compress the images in the PDF. But you need to copy an existing filter to change the parameters (drove me nuts at first)
- Colorsync Utility will also strip out the hyperlinks during the save of a PDF. So this is probably a feature of Mac OS X ?
- Or is it ? Because you can use Preview to post-process a http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnigraffle/ and annotate hyperlinks. These then save OK.
- But you can't overlay an email-address with a hyperlink area, as the generic text to mail-link parser of Preview takes precedence.