- MulleAutoreleasePool, this is going to be an article for the optimizing series. I am now using the code from the IMP Deluxe article in a real life setting and did some major changes. When I think it's foolproof I need to write an accompanying article and release it. This has already begun.
- MulleImagePrinter2. Man I tried my best to discourage people to download it, but for whatever reason the original version gets downloaded. A lot. There were 2000 downloads last year. The app doesn't even run on Mac OS X. It ran on Mac OS X Server 1.2! I actually get mail from people that ask me to do a new version. Oh well, what do I know, maybe this app is useful ? I am pretty much through with porting this already.
- The MulleSybaseEOAdaptor will see a final version for Apple EOF. Later versions (released or private) will only work with MulleEOF thereafter. I foreseeably can leave 10.2 behind for good and I see no reason to further support it.
- MulleEOInterface goes 1.0. I did a whole lot of changes, since I am now also using this in real life. This will see further improvements during the year. As this is a source release, it shouldn't be to complicated to retrofit it to Apple EOF, though I won't be testing against it anymore. At the bottom of this entry (or where it says more) I have pasted in the release notes as they are now.
Oops, I noticed that after the IP-Migration I forgot to migrate my project-titmouse.de domain. That should be fixed in the DNS over the next hours.
Preview of MulleEOInterface Release Notes
- Usability tweaks for EOActionCellAssociation and EOTextAssociation
- Removed superflous dependency on EOAccess.
- Added -debugDescription to EODisplayGroup and whereever else I thought it was useful.
- Used +setVersion in +initialize more.
- DisplayGroups reestablish their connection with the EOEditingContext now more cleanly.
- Leak involving decoding fixed.
- EODisplayGroup has been separated into many different Categories. It was just too large in one file.
- Selection has been streamlined and dumbed down a bit. Associations try to use the standard selection API more, than the one I "invented".
- EOControlAssociations do not handle controlTextDidEndEditing: anymore, since this can and will be done by the action method anyway.
- Match qualifiers do not convert non-strings to strings for default matching. Instead default matching is only done on strings.
- Adds NSModalPanelRunLoopMode to the EODelayedObserverQueue runLoopModes on +load.
- Changed EOActionInsertionAssociation to use addObject:toBothSidesOf...
- EOPopupAssociation enable code umgeschrieben. Also changed the syncSelectionWithObjectOfGroup code, the code before, I don't know why that was useful.
- EOAssociations dequeue themselves out of the EODelayedObserverQueue when breaking the connection.
- Hacked qualifierFromQueryValues to use EOQualifierOperatorEqual on non-string values instead of like.
- Sporadic crasher in -dealloc of EOTableViewAssociation removed.
- Associations don't retain their object any longer. This is how it should have been all along and its much better, because DetailAssociations don't have cycles with their displayGroups.
- Hardened EOColumnAssociation agains failure, when NSColumnTable disappears. An not so unlikely occurrence. Plays nicer with existing code.
Preview of MulleSybaseEOAdaptor Release Notes
- Fixed a datetime handling bug when the server timeZone was not set. This manifests in Tiger 10.4.
- Changed the way the adaptor advertises its binding requirements.
- Fixed a possibly crashing double free in image/text handling
- Fixed a little leak with error messages.