Courtesy of TTS Interactive Demo.
Learning progress is slower than I hoped. One thing I stumbled over, was my inability to hook up a NSMutableDictionary instance variable with some sort of binding, so that the dictionary is filled up for me automatically with user defined keys and values. As far as I can tell, that's not possible.
Well neither was this possible with EOAssociation, but where is the progress :)
I suspect this weblog will quiet down quite a bit over the next few weeks, as nothing particularly exciting is bound to happen.
Ah yes, ZNeK has cranked up the arms race by allowing himself a dual 2.5 GHz. Hmm :)
Last week I wrote
I also detailed in this thread how I think the stub code of shared libraries could be made much more efficient. It'd be nice to hear, if someone thinks I made a major mistake their.
In general, if you have a little trick for improving performance, why not share it in the Mulle Optimization Forum.
It took a while till I finally noticed that the long awaited paperback edition of the Order of the Phoenix came out. Since Mrs. Rowling apparently tries to double her page output with every installment, this will take still some time to finish.
The beginning was not very good, but starting with Hogwarts it has become excellent again. Better than the Goblet of Fire IMO.
|Test||Dual 2GHz||Dual 2.5 GHz|
An interesting and mysterious fact is that measurements are very stable for FP and VMX tests, but vary a lot for INT tests. This is possibly the same weird problem I had measuring some other code (see Head Scratching). I have still no clue, what the reason could be, but I am sure that knowing the reason would be enlightening.