Nat! bio photo

Nat!

Senior Mull.

Twitter RSS

Github

Performance Problem Detected and Fixed in the Mullocator

The Mullocator was written a bit lazily in a certain area. This has come to bite me now. So I spent the evening rewriting this portion of the routine to get good speed there too. I used the malloc-test.c from Wolfram Gloger. The pleasant result now is:

Apple:

real    0m0.455s
user    0m0.320s
sys     0m0.040s

Mullocator:

real    0m0.460s
user    0m0.280s
sys     0m0.050s

(The user time is of interest). So in that benchmark the win isn't that big. Still I was losing here before.

[Playing right now: By The Pain I See In Others from the album "Deliverance" by Opeth]