- Cheap € 49!
- Can act as an Access Point, as a Repeater and as a Wireless
- Seems to work
- Strong enough for the entire house. The Access Point is placed
in the middle story and all rooms and most of the garden gets
- Looks nice
- Can be wall mounted
- No useful documentation available, for Repeater and Wireless
- Pressing Reset or Reset to Factory
Defaults in the HTTP interface both wipe your settings.
- Close to no diagnostic tools.
- DHCP can't do static assignments
- HTTP user interface badly executed
- Case is sloppily manufactured
If you want a DWL-700AP as a Wireless Client with WEB
encryption, you need to set Authentication in
http://192.168.0.50/h_wireless.html to Shared
Key. Open System might also work, but
Auto reliably fails.
Don't go crazy with the local IP settings just give both a unique
IP on your local net.
Otherwise you don't need any magic.
For the price I think its a good deal.