Lamento Public License
1.1. Subject matter of this license is the software "Lamento." Lamento is protected by copyright law. Copyright holder is Object Factory GmbH (herinafter "Object Factory"). Lamento and its source code are being licensed on a non-exclusive basis. This license does not apply to other software that might be needed to run or compile components of the Lamento system; particularly the frameworks "OFAppKit" and "OFCommon" distributed by Object Factory.
1.2. The term "Software" refers to software made available under this license; the term "Derived Software" refers to any derivative work under copyright law. All licensees are addressed as "you."
2. You are entitled to copy and modify the source code of the Software as well as the Derived Software provided that you
|a) retain and reproduce in all copies the copyright notice and keep intact all the notices referring to this License;
b) include a copy of this license with every copy of the Software or Derived Software that you distribute;
c) do not charge any fees beyond those covering the physical act of transferring a copy;
d) document in a prominent way all changes that you made to the Software and ascertain that all parts of the Derived Software are licensed as a whole under the terms of this License; and
e) you ascertain that all components of the Software or Derived Software that have an interactive user interface, display an appropriate copyright notice and refer the user to this license for further details.
3. You are entitled to distribute the Software and Derived Software under the terms of section 2 provided that you include the complete corresponding machine-readable source code and that you do not charge any fees beyond those covering the physical act of transferring a copy.
4. You may offer warranty protection for the Software or Derived Software in exchange for a fee.
5. Any attempt to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Software under terms not expressly stated in this license is void and will automatically terminate your rights under this license. Third parties that received copies from you under this license are not affected.
6. Acceptance of this license as a whole is indicated by modifying or distributing the Software or Derived Software.
7. Before incorporating parts of the Software into other programs whose distribution conditions are different, you must receive permission from the copyright holders, Object Factory.
8. LICENSOR CAN ONLY BE HELD LIABLE ACCORDING TO THE PROVISIONS OF LAW IN THE EVENT OF DELIBERATE ACTION AND GROSS NEGLIGENCE. IN CASE OF SLIGHT NEGLIGENCE, LICENSOR CAN ONLY BE HELD LIABLE IF AN ESSENTIAL CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION (CARDINAL OBLIGATION) IS VIOLATED. FURTHERMORE THE LIABILITY ARISING FROM SLIGHT NEGLIGENCE IS RESTRICTED TO DAMAGES WHICH ARE FORESEEABLE OR, AS THE CASE MAYBE, CHARACTERISTIC.
9. The name of Object Factory may not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the Software or Derived Software. Title to copyright in this Software shall at all times remain with Object Factory and you agree to preserve same.
10.1. In the event of any parts of this agreement being or becoming invalid, in whole or in part, this shall have no effect on the validity of the remaining provisions or rulings thereof. In such cases the parties undertake to replace any such invalid provision or ruling by one that most closely approximates the commercial intentions.
10.2. Any alterations or amendments of this agreement shall be made in writing, the same applying to any cancellations of this clause stipulating written form.
10.3. The agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, German law.
10.4. The legal venue in respect of all disputes arising from this agreement is deemed to be Dortmund, Germany as far as this is permitted by law.