Changes to this documentation set
The version of the documentation will be simply the versionnumber of this file. So there can be jumps in the versionnumber, but who cares :)
So the current version is $Revision: 1.30 $. The starting version, will be affectionately known as the root version.
Version 1.29 - 1.30
- Changed link for Jaguar Server page
- Bastian Schick opened my eyes to a big error in my thinking concerning the calculation of OP-List cycles. I totally forgot to include the write cycles of the bitmap objects.
- Various bugfixes in instructions (Thanks to David A. Dahl)
- Cleared up link problems with LinkBot
- Changed Nat!'s email address to correct value:)
- NEG and NOT opcodes description were completely (respectively partly) wrong. (Thanks to David A. Dahl for pointing out the errors)
- Typo fixed in cartridge.html
- Removed "timings" from the 68k.html, which I never was very happy about and which probably confuses more than it enlightens.
- Chapter 3.7 was accidently hidden by a faulty HTML code. (Thanks to David A. Dahl for stumbling over this)
- Changed email address for Klaus :).
- Worked feedback from National Semiconductor (thanks J. Heitmeir) into the Cartridge dox.
- Added some more text for the A1_INCrement register of the blitter that so far "sucked hind tit" in terms of verbosity.
- Beautified the 68 doc
- Changed stupid notation errors in IMACN and IMULT, that were supposed to simulate sign extension
- Added some Voodoo into the Blitter bugs
- Added some Voodoo for the DSP IRQ routine
- Small clarification for R_I2S register
- Totally forgot to include the shift/rotation anchors into the HMTL table in risc_doc.html. Since v1.13 and noone noticed!
- Add some verbosity to terse RISC opcode descriptions.
- Removed awful bug from INC registers in the Blitter Dox (Steve Scavone was helpful there)
- Totally changed the EEPROM cartridge doc, which sucked big time and is now probably the best of the package
- New cartridge code, believed to be now correct
- Removed lozenges in OP.HTML
- Added two shell scripts for UNIX to get the dox into readable ASCII again, and to get leftover MSDOS CR/LFs away.
- untabified the complete dox set (again)
- added some links in 68K.html
- Just added 42Bastians page address to dox.html
- Added pixelplotter info to OP
- Added OP branch info to the coding tips
- Just a few typos as far as I remember
- corrected coding.html stylewise a bit
- some typos and HTMLs uglies in RISC_DOC.html removed
- had to remove lozenges from text and substitute them with HTML escapes in table.html
- debugged the instruction table, the values there should be pretty much authorative now.
- added a lot of IRQ info for Tom and Jerry
- Made a start for CD documentation (nothing there yet)
- straightened the bitness issue
- removed a very few language uglies
- added some new blitter optimization musings (careful!!)
- Added priority information (thanks to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Updated the two block.gifs in the general doc
- Wrote a few new thoughts in the coding tutorial
- Killed a stupid singlestep description bug in risc_doc
- Removed one HTML bug from coding.html
- Removed one HTML bug from blitter.html
- HTMLIzed the Blitter doc a bit more
- Added preliminary doc for the Z-INC registers
- HTMLIzed the TOM (leftover) doc a bit more
- Added a question
- More info about the video chip (thanks to NEUROMANCER)
- Added more info to the RISC instructions (thanks to NEUROMANCER)
- Added more single stepping info
- Added RGB table to CRY info
- Added more questions
- Added some linebuffer musings corrections to the OP.HTML
- Added lots of instruction info (thanks to NEUROMANCER)
- Reordered the RISC dox
- Added Cartridge pinout info (thanks to: email@example.com)
- Clarified and debugged Jagserver protocol
- Wrote corrected added to the refresh musings
- Even more network info, thanks to NEUROMANCER
- HTMLized cartridge.html a bit
General thanks go to NEUROMANCER and Bastian Schick for a good part of the following additions/fixes.
- fixed Jaguar Server register description
- Added networking info
- Added/corrected MEMCONF info
- Redid the color dox
- Added something to the tutorial, a little more HTML too
- Added 16-bit DSP interfacing info
- Added Z-buffer info (tentative)
- Bugfixed the STOP object and the GPU object
- Clarified XPOS and YPOS in the Bitmapped object a bit
- Wrote a bit more VIDEO doc
- More tutorial stuff
- more thoughts on stopping and restarting the RISC
- more thoughts on resetting the RISC
- more thoughts on endianess
- more info on RISC singlestepping, thanks to Bastian Schick
- more blitter musings
- added thoughts about the blitter doing RMW
- HTMLized the blitter doc a bit
- a bit of guesswork added to the risc dox
- single stepping info for PC
- Store instruction and movefa/ta instruction more info
- small reorg in RISC doc
- added information about bus architecture (Blitter reads!!) thanks to Bastian "Jag Tetris" Schick
- debugged joypad info
- debugged video info
- added some thoughts to OLP
- "made" some more video registers write only
- Just made it useable for my own homepage
- Bugfixed the version info below :)
Version 1.1 - 1.6
- Added this file to the set
- GPU->68K interrupt documented
- Discovered ispell in Emacs and used it on some files
- Described PIT a bit better
- Added some MEMCON1/2 info (thanks, you know who)
- Added a small entry on Atari Boot ROMs (thanks, you know who)
- Smallscale HTMLization of the RISC doc
- Knows a bit more about RISC IRQ handling in general
- Added some more GPU interrupt infos
- Added GENLOCK (bullshit ?) register
- HTMLized the video and the OP docs a tiny bit
- Added a bit more info in "general.txt"
- More and a bitter bitfield info on the RISC_DOC drawings
- Discovered that BORD is read only
- Blurred the background image a bit. If you hate it, turn images off, use a different "gif, read it as ASCII or use a bigger font. Its a-staying!
- Changed all file extensions to .html, coz we're there basically. Although in a lame preformatted ASCIIsh kinda way.
- Added nice drawings for the Jaguar architecture
Root version (v1.0)
No history yet. Released on the 11th of February 1995 to the mailing list.
$Id: changes.html,v 1.30 1998/04/26 16:31:39 nat Exp $