It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Post subject: Unpublished Lafferty
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:19 pm 
Does Virginia Kidd have the rights to these things? Are Chris Drumm or Dan Knight going to bring out any more? Is it possible that maybe these things could be sold as ebooks? I'm sure there must be some of us who would be willing to put them into transferable format if we had them to hand. You wouldn't even have to pay us. It would be a 'labor of love'.

Post subject: Re: Unpublished Lafferty
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:39 am 

Bob Brinton wrote:
Does Virginia Kidd have the rights to these things? Are Chris Drumm or Dan Knight going to bring out any more? Is it possible that maybe these things could be sold as ebooks? I'm sure there must be some of us who would be willing to put them into transferable format if we had them to hand. You wouldn't even have to pay us. It would be a 'labor of love'.

A few years back I wrote her and asked her if she would allow me to put up a short story of Lafferty on this site, but she wasn't interested. As far as I know she has the rights to all the Lafferty stories.

So I suspect, it's not gonna happen, but on the other hand it doesn't hurt to ask that question again from time to time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:46 am 

Does anybody here know what stories of Lafferty are unpublished? Anybody read any of them? A good number of the ones in print I've only partly read because I can find them only at Toronto's Spaced Out Library, where they can be read only in the room, but I'm curious how much was finished of the projected and interrupted novel with section titles like My Heart Leaps Up, Incidents of Travel in Flatland, and a number of others. I'd assumed they were left unfinished, but perhaps they aren't quite as unfinished as that?[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:55 am 

Martin, I am fairly certain that the Coscuin series was finished, but that the third and fourth novels were never published due to lack of interest. At one point I actually had a very brief email exchange with the man who owns the rights to those books (I can't remember his name) and he said he wanted to publish them, but wasn't sure when he might have the opportunity. (As a side note, dating Lafferty's work is extremely difficult, since when something was published doesn't necessarily have much to do with when it was actually written.)

As for the In a Green Tree autobiographical series, I am less sure. I think the first four books were completed, but not the fifth, which was probably sidelined when he had his stroke.

I ended up getting My Heart Leaps Up and the first chapters of Grasshoppers & Wild Honey from Chris Drumm, the publisher, a couple of years ago. I strongly recommend ordering copies from him, since they are only a few dollars each (or were at the time). The copies selling at Amazon are ridiculously overpriced.

Here's his website:
http://cdrumm.blogspot.com/

As for "missing" Lafferty works, I once tried to put together a list--the post is further down on the board. Lord only knows how complete it is.