It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:31 am

Post subject: Lafferty to be honored at Readercon
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:49 am 

Lafferty to be honored at Readercon Posted 4/23/03:

Readercon is one of the most respected speculative fiction conventions in the U.S. No costumes, film, or even art -- just worship of the written word. This year, they're celebrating R. A. Lafferty as their Memorial Guest of Honor!

Sure to be panel discussions of his work, as well as the living GOHs: Hal Clement, Rudy Rucker, and Howard Waldrop. Plus plenty of obscure Lafferty books in the dealers' room. Just the place to pick up that copy of THE FALL OF ROME ...

It's July 11-13, 2003, at the Burlington Marriott, Burlington, Massachusetts, U.S.A. Admission: $35 through July 1.

Further details at Web link: http://www.readercon.org/

I'm not one of the organizers, just a long-time (and constantly grateful) attendee. For the con's unique flavor, see quotes I collected from Readercons past at my fanzine PDF archive site http://www.devniad.com [hit the link from the "Orbita Dicta" choice at the top of the page, then choose which Readercon you want from list at left].

The event usually attracts about 600 people, with a much higher proportion of writers and editors than almost any other con. Let's see if we can reach a critical mass of Lafferty fans this year ... If not now, when?