This is a usually not very up-to-date list of links. It might me more worthwhile to run a Google Search on "R.A. Lafferty". Anyway here is what I got.
Biographies and Homepages
- The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction - Interesting entry in this online encylopedia.
- Yet another Lafferty Blog - A new fine Lafferty Blog by Kevin Cheek.
- Continued on Next Rock - A very prolific RA Lafferty blog by Andrew Ferguson
- The Ants of God are Queer Fish - A "Lafferty only" Blog by Daniel Otto Jack Petersen
- Internet SF Database - Comprehensive bibliography summary on ISFDB.
- Terry Bisson on Lafferty - An Anecdote or an obituary by Terry Bisson.
- Anyway, Lafferty - Japanese Lafferty Page - In Japanese and a little bit in English
- OSFW - R.A. Lafferty page on the Oklahoma Science Fiction Writers site.
- Spacelight - A biography page about Lafferty.
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, Inc - Lafferty page on that organisation's website.
- Wikipedia - Nice bio, which you can improve yourself
- Listes SF - French site with a really great biography of Lafferty. The short story listing looks familiar :)
- Fantastic Fiction - Mesmerizing webstyle. Very thorough bibliography.
- Great Science-Fiction & Fantasy Works - Though the author loses most of his credibility right there, when he disses me <insert smiley here> this is still a worthwhile read.
- Alpha Ralpha Boulevard - no comment
- Science Fiction Anthologies till 1984 - no comment
- Science Fiction Anthologies since 1984 - no comment
Online Stories and Texts
- Hog-Belly Honey - Hog-Belly Honey is now available on a russian site, but it is still in english.
- Slow Tuesday Night - One of the best Lafferty stories now available online. Thanks to the folks at SciFi.
- The Day After the World Ended - Notes for Speech for DeepSouthCon'79, New Orleans, July 21, 1979 An excerpt from It's Down the Slippery Cellar Stairs available on the net.
- The Transcendent Tigers - A typical Lafferty theme. You won't be disappointed.
- Nine Hundred Grandmothers - Probably Lafferty's best known story, as it gave the name to his best short story collection. Not his best story though.
- Narrow Valley - Another great one, one of my favorites.
- Land of the Great Horses - Great story, a must read.
- Chris Drumm Book - Chris Drumm is as far as I know the only remaining publisher of Lafferty.
- Locus Science Fiction Foundation - As far as I know, the Locus Science Fiction Foundation is now the owner of all the copyrights.
Reviews and Articles
- Daily Kos - talking about Space Chantey. More of an exposition than a review really.
- And They Took the Sky Off at Night - Nice text by Brian Cholfin, a former publisher of Lafferty.
- R.A. Lafferty: An Attempt at an Appreciation - Matthew David Surridge article about Lafferty.
- Review of 900 Grandmothers - by Ann Cecil.
- The Devil is Dead by Steve Hooley - Nice sympathetic review.
- Don Webb on Iron Tears - Review of Iron Tears and some general remarks about Lafferty.
- The Flame Is Green review - Very good review by J. Reilly. Actually probably the best review out there, because it touches on most characteristics of Lafferty's style in a succinct style.
- The Cassutt Files - Actually a little bit of an obituary. It contains a very nice anecdote of Lafferty. You have to scroll down a little.
- The Cranky Old Man of Tulsa - 1995 Arrell Gibson Lifetime Achievement Award speech by Brad Sinor.
- Past Master Review - Bill McClains thoughts about Past Master
- Article about Okla Hannali - Also has some nice pictures.
- G. K. Chesterton: St. Thomas Aquinas - Random quote from this online text:
St. Thomas was a huge heavy bull of a man, fat and slow and quiet; very mild and magnanimous but not very sociable; shy, even apart from the humility of holiness; and abstracted, even apart from his occasional and carefully concealed experiences of trance or ecstasy.
- Odyssey - no comment
- Sindbad - no comment
- Choctaw Nation - no comment
- Plutarch Stories - no comment
- Thomas Morus - no comment
- Immanuel Velikovsky - no comment
- Charles Fort - no comment